2. What are the sources of your personal data?
The sources of your personal data collected (collectively referred to as "Platforms" in this policy) may include without limitation the following:
- ME Cinemas websites: These are websites we created for you that are operated by us, they include websites operated by Mandviwalla Entertainment under our own domains and web addresses (URLs) and our own micro-sites that are part of a third-party social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- Emails, text messaging services, and other electronic messages: These are the electronic text-based interaction between you and ME Cinemas.
- ME Cinemas mobile applications: These are smartphone applications created for you and operated by ME Cinemas.
- Kiosks: These are kiosks installed within our premises which can be utilized to purchase tickets for ME Cinemas.
- Counters: These are counters available at our premises where you could purchase tickets for ME Cinemas.
- ME Cinemas customer service: Any communication between you and our customer service center (e.g. phone, email, etc.).
- Contact us: These include feedback/ complaints you submit in the "Contact us form"
- CCTV cameras: Security footage (image and video) from CCTV cameras placed across our premises.
3. What information we collect about you and how we use your personal information?
The type of personal information we collect on or through our platforms, why we collect and how we use the personal information are explained in the following:
3.1 To respond to any queries made by you: We would use your personal data to help us respond to your queries. We may receive your personal data through our website/social media page/call/mobile application. We collect the following personal information: name, email address, phone number, nationality and details of your enquiry pursuant to our legitimate business interests. In certain cases, your enquiry may relate to a specific service request, for example: raising an enquiry regarding ME Cinemas. For such requests, we need to use your personal information to help us respond to your request and to fulfil our contractual obligations under the requested service. Additionally, when you call our customer service centre, we would maintain a record of the communications, including call recordings, in pursuit of our legitimate business interest to monitor and improve the quality of our customer support.
3.2 To request your feedback, and to respond to complaints: Your satisfaction is our utmost priority and we proactively take necessary steps to ensure you are well satisfied with our services. To help us respond to your feedback or complaints, we collect the following personal information: name, email ID, transaction details (such as service you availed) and your feedback/ complaints in the "Contact us form", through a survey conducted after you complete a transaction or after the completion of your call with our customer service team. We collect and use your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate business interests to address your concerns and to take necessary steps towards continual improvement.
3.3 To comply with legal requirements and exercise or defend legal claims: We may need to process and retain your personal information to comply with legal requirements to which we are subject (for example in relation to licensing, health and safety). It is in our legitimate interests to process personal information for the purposes of exercising and defending legal claims. Processing personal information may also be necessary to ensure compliance with the relevant legal and regulatory obligations.
3.4 To process your payments and protect against fraudulent transactions: We may need to process your personal information to keep your payments safe and secure and protect against fraudulent transactions. It is in our legitimate interests to process personal information to keep your payments secure and to prevent fraud. Processing personal information in this way may also be necessary to ensure compliance with the relevant legal and regulatory obligations.
3.5 Other information we collect We will automatically receive and collect certain anonymous information in standard usage logs through our web server, including computer-identification information obtained from "cookies" sent to your browser from:
- Web server cookies stored on your hard drive
- IP address assigned to the computer which you use
- The domain server through which you access our service
- The type of computer you are using
- The type of web browser you are using
To protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control, we have in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures. For example, our servers are accessible only to authorized personnel and your information is shared with such personnel only on a need-to-know basis to complete the transaction and to provide the services requested by you.
Although we will endeavor to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally-identifiable information, transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. By using this Site, you agree that we will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties
5. Updates on Policy
This policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of our platforms after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
6. How do you contact us?
In case of any queries related to this policy, you can contact us in one of the following ways.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us at 111-MANDVI (626384)